Monday, December 10, 2007

Public Speaking

I think I have mentioned before that I taught 3rd grade at a Classical Christian school last year. I loved my job. When I learned that I wouldn't be able to go back this year due to a number of moves within the school family, I was heartbroken. I knew I would miss my "Trinitas family" greatly.

However, I know the Lord has a purpose in everything. I knew I was going to need to do something this year. I received my bachelor of arts in speech communication. So I decided to start a public speaking class for homeschoolers. After a rocky start (I only got back into America from England three weeks before it was to start), we had a wonderful class.

There were only two students, but I really enjoyed teaching them.

Tonight was their "performance" night. I chose the best speech that each of them did over the semester and they presented them to their parents this afternoon. They also recited the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling. They did such a brilliant job. It was exciting to sit in the back and watch them and remember their first attempts at a speech. It was so encouraging to watch their progress.

I'm planning to start a new class in January, but I will always hold a fond place for these two boys (young men) who let me experiment on them and teach them public speaking.

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment