Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

We decided to have a quiet Thanksgiving this year at home, just the family. Shannon and I loved this. We planned out the menu (we had forgotten the mashed potatoes and gravy and the sweet potatoes, but Dad reminded us:-) and were ready for the day.

We had decided to have dinner mid-afternoon. So in the morning we (or I should say Dad) did some preliminary Christmas decorating and Shannon and I sewed or knitting while we watched parts of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We then saw part of the dog show before it was time to start dinner. (The turkey had already started roasting.)

My specialty is the Creamed Corn. It is basically a custard with corn kernals in it. So I got started on that. I'm wearing one of my favorite aprons. It's the Sense and Sensibility Edwardian apron pattern here: http://www.sensibility.com/pattern/edwardian.htm



Shannon and I planned a rather unusual appetizer. We saw a recipe for a pumpkin desert in a magazine. We wanted to make it for Thanksgiving, but already had the desert planned. So we changed the pumpkin desert to a pumpkin appetizer. Everyone was satisfied with this arrangement. :-)



Then the feast began. Unfortunately the turkey picture is a little blurry, but trust me, even Dad said it was the prettiest turkey he had ever seen.



The mashed potatoes and gravy.






The baked corn.


The sweet potatoes.


And the biscuits.


Things I'm thankful for:

My Saviour

My Family

My Church

My Friends

So many other things, situations, and people that the Lord has blessed me with.

Tiffany