Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Well, at least I'm here, even if it is a little late. I still have plenty to be thankful for and didn't want to not write them down.


There are some things that I'm thankful for in different ways.

~My parents. I've talked about them as a group in "family" then I've talked about them individually. But together, I thankful that they had the courage to keep us home and homeschool us. Now if you talked to them about it they would tell you that to them, there had just been no other choice. But I appreciate that they continued through all 12+ years.

~School. I realize I am so blessed to be able to work in a place where I am still working under my father's authority.

~School again. I am thankful for a place that understands that a women's first calling is to be a wife and mother, and they rejoice with those who are. We just found out our P.E. teacher is having a baby in June. That means she'll be about 7 months along by the time we get out of school. Possibly to far along to teach P.E. But the administrators have been nothing but celebratory about the baby. (Now I'm sure they are talking behind closed doors about what to do, but we have heard nothing of it.)

~School again, again. My fellow teachers that I have met and made friends with here. I have met some truly great women of God and am able to be under their tutelege here.

~School again, again, again. The drama department here has been such a blessing. I left college getting ready to teach 3rd grade and thinking I was giving up my desire to be involved in drama. Then the drama director here asked me to help her cast and do the make-up for the play "Alice in Wonderland". What a wonderful (and growing!) experience.

So again, pretend it's last Friday and I have just posted my 5 thankful things in a timely manner. :-D

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment