Monday, October 11, 2010

Pillowcase Dress

A couple of weeks ago, I found this fabric stashed in my---stash. So I decided to use it to make a pillowcase dress for a little girl I babysit. After some cutting sewing and bias-tape-using.....
this is the result:

Then I was able to take it the other day while babysitting and we had a fun photoshoot. At the house, she wore a long sleeved onesie underneath to show winter wear. After a few minutes of that, it got hot, so...

We went to the park to swing. Although the basketball game was much more interesting than smiling at the camera.

Then came the dog wandering by who was more fascinating than all my attempts to get her attention.
Once the game was over and the dog had left, she finally recognized all my lip-smacking, tongue-clicking and face-making.

Then we started having a good time! :)


This was a fun project and so cute on such a cute little girl!

3 comments:

  1. Cute baby and cute dress! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so precious, Tiffany! And it sets of those chubby little cheeks to perfection :-) You did such a lovely job!

    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea. I like the simplicity
    of the design, and it turned out so cutely!

    ReplyDelete