Five things I'm thankful for:
1) God's love and care. This sounds so trite, but I am constantly amazed at what He has done and continues to do for me.
2) My family. Again, I know this is overused, but it is so true. I love my family and am so glad I was placed into this family.
3) The Word of God. How privileged we are to be able to have the teachings of Jesus in our hands; within reach when we need it. On the other hand, as thankful as I am for it, I do not show my thankfulness by spending enough time in it. I am thankful for the opportunity to correct that.
4) Friends. I am so thankful for the friends that God has given to me. So many of them are scattered all over and we are only able to communicate once in a while through e-mail, or when our parents talk, but I am so grateful to know that they are there.
5) Life. This might sound like another one of my "trite" thank-you's, but it's not. I was adopted, but before I was allowed to be adopted, my birth mother wanted an abortion. Actually she had it all set up and planned out. The whole story is too long to put here, but there are so many "thank you"s to be said, just here: my birth mother's boss, who showed her another way; to "Uncle" Steve and "Aunt" Beth, for their part in my wonderful story; to my parents, who were so willing to unexpectedly take in a baby (I was born 2 weeks before they were told I was due!); and most of all to the Lord Who orchestrated things in such a way that I look back and realized that it was only Him who could have put the right people in the right places for everything to work out so happily.
I could go on and on....Oh, wait, I will. Next 5 tomorrow!
What are you thankful for?
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
7 years ago