Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Overwhelmingly Thankful

So many more things to be thankful for. I think next year I might have to post 10 things each day.

I thank God for:
~ Parents who were willing to homeschool me all 12/13 years. I know they sacrificed time and energy to make sure that I had the best education, and I appreciate all of it!

~ A church where we are truly a family. Our family has not experienced that before and I am so grateful to have a church that truly demonstrates God's love.

~ All the children He has brought into my life. I have been babysitting/nannying for 13 years now and have loved (almost) every child I've babysat. Even the hard ones have been lovable in some area. One of them I watched grow up. I started nannying her when she was 7 months and she's about to turn 7. What a blessing for me to be able to watch a child grow up and learn things that will be so helpful should the Lord bless me with a husband and family one day. The children at school have also taught me so much. I love each and every one of them and am so thankful they are in my life.

~ For my job. I haven't always wanted to teach, in fact, I used to say I never wanted to teach. Boy has the Lord changed my heart. True, I don't have the freedom that I enjoyed last year. I can't just pick up and go when I see a conference that I want to go to (like this one), but I am learning so much. Just one of the benefits has been to get first hand contact with different curriculum. I have been able to cross some curriculum off my list and add some others. I have learned about different learning styles and teaching styles. I have learned how to teach Austistic children. I have learned how to recognize immediately when I child isn't feeling well, or something isn't right. Now, that's not all I've learned, but it's a good bit of it.

~ The ability to sew. Being 5' tall, short-waisted, and overly hourglass-shaped, I am not usually able to go into a store and pull things off a shelf that fit. Besides that, I don't usually want to pull something off the shelf in a store and put it on...to immodest. :-)


Oops, I put down six. Well, I'll just put that one on the post for tomorrow! ;-)

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment