Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Night before Thanksgiving and All Through the House....

Everyone was stirring, even the mouse!

We are in the full swing of getting ready for our Thanksgiving guests. We are having a family of 8 come over. The perfect thanksgiving size. It is my firm belief that you have to have a big crowd for a proper Thanksgiving Day.

Here is my list for today:

~I know I said my family before, but I want to specify my mom. She is such a sweet, loving, willing to listen Mother. I truly feel like I could go to her with anything and she would be willing to listen and give advice. I treasure my mother.

~Again, singling out my sister. How do you describe someone who understands you perfectly and compliments you so well. I love her with all my heart.

~ My dad. I am so blessed to have a father who is intelligent, witty, a good teacher and who loves the Lord. I am so thankful for his training as I've grown up, particularly as to having a Christian world view.

~ My love for books. Seeing how much I love reading now, it's hard to believe that I didn't start out loving to read. But I didn't fall in love with it until I was eight (don't laugh! In our family that is late. Shannon was reading voraciously by 6.) and read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". I actually just finished putting away the books I got at the library book sale.

~ Acting. I am so thankful that I love acting. This is another thing I almost missed out on, except it was obviously in the Lord's plan. In my junior year in high school, we started attending a homeschool writing club, Awesome Author's Association. They did a play every year. That year they did "The Wind in the Willows." Well, I really wanted to be in it, but rehearsals were pretty far away and we thought it was just a run-of-the-mill homeschool drama group. But we did volunteer to provide the intermission music. So we went to the performance and found out that this was anything but a run-of-the-mill group. They were good! They were really good! So the next year Shannon and I auditioned and were cast in "Cheaper by the Dozen". I played Mother and loved it! I've been in love ever since. I have been in many things, but have never been paid for an acting job. But I have received my first paying acting job and will begin rehearsals in the new year. I am so thankful for this new opportunity to earn money!

Alright, now for the actual Thanksgiving Day! See you then!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment