Tuesday, March 31, 2009

City of Ember

Sometimes there are just certain books that I read and I have to let others know that they exist. This is exactly what just happened.

The City of Ember (the book, not the movie) is actually the first in a series of four books, The City of Ember, The People of Sparks, The Prophet of Yonwood, and The Diamond of Darkhold.

It's hard to explain all the reasons I love these books without giving away anything. So here's the generic reason to read these books. *

They are a wonderful tool to use to talk with your children about many different issues: truth, courage, responsibility, death, family, relationships, proper conduct, etc.

Books 1,2,4 are books I plan to read with my children and talk about things, but they are safe enough to be given to them to read on their own (remember, this is my opinion).

Book 3 I believe deal with much deaper issues that are best left for parents and children to read closely together. They are not "mature" issues, but things like, discerning between truth and lies, childish dreams, etc.

If you can get hold these books, I would very much recommend reading them.*

Tiffany

*I do recommend these books, however, I also firmly believe that each family has to make its own decisions as to what is appropriate. If you have any doubts, please talk to the head of your household and follow their direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment