Monday, March 30, 2009

How to begin a project

Tiffany is starting out on a big project and she has asked me to help her. So here's how you begin a project

First thing to do is layout your pattern pieces on newly ironed fabric (Tiffany didn't want to do this, but if you've read the right books* you know that you should always iron).
Check to make sure you have all your tools. (Hint: You may have to prickle up your forhead to make sure they don't go anywhere)
Then make look around to make sure you're alone. (Tiffany doesn't count....she always comes in exactly when I'd rather be sleeping. Though I was a little suspicious at first this time, she had a big black thing, bigger than me, up to her face.....but humans can be strange like that.)

Then make sure you check the markings, so that all is in place.

At this point in the project, I had to wonder why there was another pin cushion, when I usually carry all my pins around with me. Must be another unexplainable human thing. It's very hard work getting ready to cut things out. (I think I now know why this is Tiffany's least favorite part of sewing.) So the next thing to do is to take a rest.

I'll keep you all posted on our** progress

Mrs. TiggyWinkle (with Tiffany)

*ie, The Tale of Mrs. TiggyWinkle

**Tiffany is trying to take some of the credit for all of this. I think it might be best to just let her.

1 comment:

  1. You're irresistable, Mrs. Tiggles! ;-) I'm so proud to be your "sister"! *ahem*

    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete