Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So, I am not a......

Camper. Dad was invited to be the morning speaker for our denomination's family camp this last week. It was held at a camp on the north island. Our family was fortunate to have a little cabin to ourselves. Fortunate in that we weren't in a tent. :)

It was a wonderful weekend full of biblical teaching, friend making, talent show performing, and family relating.

However, by the third day I had realized that I was not a camper. I don't enjoy having to chase the outdoors from indoors. I don't enjoy sleeping on a mattress in the middle of the kitchenette. I don't enjoy the muggy stickiness of hot a humid days with no air conditioning. I don't enjoy having to check each room I enter to make sure that there are no spiders already inhabiting it. Like I said, I am not a camper.

Just to make sure you understand, the camp itself was lovely. The people were amazing. I met some lovely new friends. And the teaching was amazing (not just Dad's, the evening devotions were wonderful).

In fact, I haven't completely ruled out going again next year. I just now know a few more things to bring so that I will be prepared.

Tiffany

Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments:

Post a Comment